Now Autumn is here, it also means that soup and stew season has begun! So today I made a comforting chunky minestrone soup with a bit of chilli to really warm me up, perfect to cuddle up on the sofa with. Ideal to heat up for lunch or for dinner.
What you need:
- 1 large carrot finely diced
- 3 sticks of celery finely diced
- 1 medium courgette finely diced
- 1 large red onion finely diced
- 3 cloves of of garlic crushed or 1 tbsp of lazy garlic
- 1 x 400g can cannellini Beans (Drained and Rinsed)
- 1 x 210g can of red kidney beans
- 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- A generous squeeze of tomato puree
- 1 tsp of Parsley
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp Thyme
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 1/2 tsp of crushed Chilli
- 2 veg stock cubes in 2 mugs of boiling water
- 100g small soup pasta shells
What you need to do:
- Spray a little oil into a deep saucepan then start to fry the garlic then onion until slightly soft.
- Add carrot, celery, courgette, cannellini and kidney beans, chopped tomatoes, tomato puree and balsamic to the pan and stir it up for a minute.
- Then mix in the veg stock, salt, pepper, parsley, oregano, thymes and crushed chilli. Bring to boil cover and simmer for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- After simmering for 1 hour, do a taste test and adjust to your preference, once satisfied add in soup pasta shells and cook for a further 15 mins with the lid off.
- You can sprinkle on vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast and serve it with wholemeal bread with vegan butter or just have it on its own.