Today’s dish. Lentil Bolognese with wholewheat spaghetti. Effortlessly tasty and cheap. I made this in 15 minutes with items that are in your cupboard so easy to quickly make if you get back late from work. Hurrah!
What you need:
- 1 large red or white onion diced
- 3 garlic cloves or 1 tbsp of lazy garlic
- 8 closed cup mushrooms diced (optional)
- 1 x 400g can of green lentils or brown lentils drained and rinsed
- 500ml of passata
- Small splash of Balsamic Vinegar (Optional)
- Squeeze of Tomato Puree
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 tsp basil
- 1 tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Wholewheat spaghetti or pasta of your choice
What you need to do:
- Spray a little oil into a large saucepan on a medium heat then start to fry the garlic, then onion and mushrooms until soft.
- Add in Lentils, passata, tomato puree, balsamic, oregano, basil, sugar and salt and pepper to your taste. Bring to boil then lower heat to simmer and thicken.
- Boil another pan of water for your pasta and get it cooking so its al dente (around 6-7 minutes for spaghetti).
- Drain pasta and put back into saucepan and spoon in desired amount of bolognese and mix together or put pasta into bowl and spoon bolognese ontop.
- You can serve with vegan hard cheese or nutritional yeast or on its own.