This spicy warming dish can be enjoy as a chunky hearty soup or with rice or cous cous as a curry. Easy to make and good to portion up and re heat at work.
What you need:
- 2 Courgettes diced
- 1 Red Pepper diced
- 1 Yellow Pepper diced
- 1 Large Red Onion diced
- 1 tbsp or crushed or lazy garlic
- 1 x 400g Can Chopped Tomatoes (and some fresh if you like)
- 1 x 400g Can Chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 80g Red Lentils
- 1 1/2 tbsp Cumin
- 1 tbsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp/1tbsp of crushed chilli flakes or fresh chilli (depending how spicy you like it)
- 1 1/2 tbsp Tumeric
- 2 veg stock cubes in 600ml boiling water
- Salt and Pepper to taste
What you need to do:
- In a deep saucepan gently fry garlic and then red onion.
- Stir in courgette, red and yellow peppers, chopped tomatoes , chickpeas, red lentils and then veg stock.
- Then mix in tumeric, cumin, cinnamon and crushed chilli along with salt and pepper.
- Bring to boil, cover and then simmer and stir occasionally for an 30 mins. Do a trial taste and add more salt or seasonings to your liking. If watery simmer for further 15-20 mins with lid off and continuing stiring to ensure it doesnt catch on the bottom.