This is a warm Mexican quinoa and rice salad with sweet corn and red pepper topped with diced avocado, cherry tomatoes and rocket.
What you need:
For the Rice:
- 200g – 250g Your own combination of cooked rice and quinoa (e.g. Arborio, Red Rice, Quinoa) or for speed buy a ready made microwave pack such as Uncle Bens or similar wholegrain and Quinoa rice pack.
- 1 Red Pepper Finely diced
- 200g of cooked sweetcorn (from can or cooked from frozen)
- 1 tomato diced or use several cherry tomatoes
- 4 Peppadew Peppers diced (optional)
- Juice of 3/4 Lime
- 1 Medium Red Onion finely diced
- 2 Cloves of Crushed Garlic (or for ease 1 heaped teaspoon of Lazy Garlic)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- Salt and Pepper to taste
For the Topping:
- 1 Medium Avocado Diced
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes quarted
- 1/2 bag of Rocket
For the Dressing:
- 2 tbsp Chilli Infused Sunflower Oil
- Juice of Remaining 1/4 Lime
- 1 tsp Balsamic vinegar
- Small Squeeze Tomato Puree
- Small Squeeze of Garlic Puree
- 1/4 tsp Cumin
- 1/4 tsp Smoked Paprika
- Pinch of Cocoa Powder
- Salt and Pepper
What you need to do:
- In a small tub with a lid add in all elements to made the dressing, replace lid and shake to mix.
- Mix up Rice and Quinoa with Red Pepper, Sweetcorn, Tomatoes and Peppadews (optional) in a bowl .
- Spray a little oil into a large frying pan on a low heat. Then start to fry garlic and then onion until slightly softened. Then add in rice and veg mixture for a few minutes.
- Add Spices and season with salt and pepper and also add a a bit of the dressing for extra flavour and continue to stir for a further 5 mins.
- Serve as a side or on its own and top off with rocket, diced avocado and cherry tomatoes and pour over a little of the dressing.