A surprisingly quick tasty side to add to your stir fried noodles, rice or sushi.
What you need:
- 1 Aubergine cut into rounds about 1 cm thick
- 2 tsp Miso Paste
- 1 tbsp Mirin
- 1 tbsp Tamari
- 1 tbsp Agave Syrup (or Granulated Sugar)
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- Sesame seeds (to sprinkle on after)
What you need to do:
- Pre-heat your oven on to gas mark 4.
- Mix miso paste, mirin, tamari, agave syrup and red wine vinegar in bowl to form a liquidy glaze.
- Score the aubergine diagonally on both sides and then on a slightly oiled grill pan or frying pan place slices of aubergine down and grill until slightly browned on each side.
- Once browned, place slices of aubergine onto a foiled baking tray and spoon on miso glaze and put in oven to bake for 6-10 minutes until glaze looks like its just about caramelised.
- Sprinkle on Sesame seeds.