A minceless chunky version of my absolute favourite. Great to portion out leftovers to re-heat at work or to freeze and have another night. Can be made on the hob or in your slow cooker.
What you need:
- 1 Large Red Onion diced
- 3 Cloves of garlic Crushed or 1 tbsp of lazy garlic
- 1 Large Sweet potato diced
- 1 x 400g tin of butterbeans (or your preferred bean) drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin of kidney beans (or another preferred bean) drained and rinsed
- 1 Red Pepper diced
- 1 x 400g tin chopped tomatoes
- 500ml of passata
- 1 tbsp Chilli Powder (or Less if you dont like it too spicy)
- 1 tbsp Cumin Powder
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 1/2 tsp Chipotle Paste (Optional)
- 1 tsp Cocoa Powder
- Salt and Pepper
What you need to do:
- On a medium heat start to fry the garlic and then onion until slightly soft.
- Add in sweet potato, butter and kidney beans, red pepper and give it a good stir
- Mix in chopped tomatos, passata, chilli powder, cumin, smoked paprika, chipotle paste, cocoa powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to the boil and leave to simmer for 45 minutes stirring occasionally and then do a taste test and adjust to you liking.
- Serve with rice.