A quick and tasty dish that is easy to put together and offers something a little different from the usual pasta creation.
What you need:
- Red Onion diced
- 200g Linda McCartney Mince, other Vegan Mince or Tin of Brown Lentils (Rinsed and Drained).
- 50g Dried Apricots Chopped
- 1 tbsp Cumin
- 2 tsp Tumeric
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 300ml Boiling Veg Stock
- Salt to Taste
- 100g Uncooked Cous Cous
- Zest and Juice of 1/2 Lemon
- 10 Mint Leaves Finely Chopped
- 25g Unsalted Cashews
- 175ml Boiling Water
What you need to do:
- On a medium heat spray large frying pan with a little oil and fry onions until slightly soft.
- Add mince or lentils to the pan and stir in cumin, tumeric, cinnamon, apricots and pour in the veg stock. Bring to boil then reduce heat and simmer for 15 mins
- Whilst mince is cooking toast the cashews under your grill til dark golden brown.
- Bring 175ml of water to boil and add in cous cous. Cover, reduce heat right down and simmer for 5 minutes then take off the heat. Leave to stand for further few minutes. Then whilst fluffing up the cous cous with a fork, squeeze in lemon juice, grate in lemon zest and stir in the finely chopped mint. Season with salt to taste.
- Top cous cous off with the mince and sprinkle over with toasted cashews.