You can’t beat a good burger. These are great to make a batch of and freeze ready for another day. This is a very basic recipe that you could add to or adapt to your own preferences.
Makes 4 Burgers
What you need:
- 1 Medium to Large Sweet potato finely diced
- 1 x 400g tin of Black Beans (usually found in world section of supermarket) or Kidney Beans drained and rinsed.
- 1/2 Medium Red Onion finely diced
- 2 Garlic Cloves Minced
- 2 tsp of Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 3 tbsp Arrowroot Powder
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh coriander
- 3 tbsp Panko bread crumbs (optional)
- Salt and Pepper
Optional Additions (Pictured above)
- Wholewheat roll (slightly toasted)
- Smokey Vegan Mayo- Stir in a tiny amount of chipotle paste to your vegan mayo
- Sliced Tomato
- Sliced Avocado
- Salad Leaves
What you need to do:
- Pre Heat over to gas mark 5.
- Spray a little oil onto a baking tray and put sweet potato onto it then sprinkle with 1 tsp of the Smoked Paprika and 1/2 tsp of garlic powder and toss. Put in the oven for 40 minutes turning half way through.
- Meanwhile put black beans, onion, garlic, panko bread crumbs, remaining smoked paprika and garlic powder into a bowl along with arrowroot powder, coriander, cumin seeds and season with salt and pepper. Stir.
- Once sweet potato has slightly roasted add into the bowl and mash all together with potato masher and then mix together with your hands.
- Roll into one large ball then cut in half and half again to make 4 equally sized sections. Roll into balls and press down to turn into a patty. Re use baking tray to cook burgers for 30 mins turning half way through.
- Add into bread bun with your favourite fillings.