Want something more filling than a soup but not as filling as a meal? This is a slightly sweet and spicy answer to your problem! Its a great thing to make on a sunday evening or in your slow cooker ready for the week ahead. If you did want it as a meal just let it reduce for longer and serve with rice!
What you need:
- 1 Large Red Onion diced
- 6 cloves of garlic or 2 tbsp of Lazy Garlic
- 1 Large Sweet potato diced
- 1 Large carrot cut into rounds and halved
- 3 sticks of celery chopped
- 8 Okra pods cut into rounds
- 1 Red Pepper diced
- 1 x 400g Tin of Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 x 400g Red Kidney Beans
- 2 tbsp of tamari
- 1 tbsp sage
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tsp Smoked Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chipotle Pate
- 1 tsp sugar (optional)
- 2 Veg Stock cubes in 800ml of boiling water
- Salt and Pepper
What you need to do:
- On Medium heat spray or pour a little oil in to a large saucepan and add Garlic then onion and cook until slightly soft.
- Gradually add in sweet potato, carrot, celery, okra and red pepper and stir well. Then add in chopped tomato, kidney beans and tamari and continue to stir.
- Pour in Veg stock followed by sage, thyme, cajun seasoning, smoked paprika, chipotle paste, salt pepper and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and then simmer for 45 mins stirring occasionally.
- Remove lid and do a taste test and add any more salt that you might want and turn heat slightly up and cook without lid for a further 15-20 mins to allow to reduce until thicker.