A delicious sweet and spicy soup that can be ready in 30 mins!
What you need:
- 2 Echalion shallots or 1 red onion finely diced
- 3 Garlic Cloves minced
- 3 Large Sweet Potatoes peeled and finely diced
- 400ml can of light coconut milk
- 3 vegetable stock cubes in 800ml of boiling water
- 1.5 – 2 Tbsp of Medium Curry powder
- Salt and Pepper
What you need to do:
- On a medium heat spray some oil in a deep saucepan and lightly fry the shallots or onions then add in the garlic, salt pepper and 1 tbsp of curry powder and stir for a few minutes until soft.
- Stir in the sweet potato, coconut milk and veg stock. Add in further 1/2 tbsp or 1 tbsp of remaining curry powder depending on your spice preference, bring to the boil then leave to simmer for 25 minutes.
- Whilst its still in the pot, turn off the heat and use a hand blender to blend its contents until smooth. Do a taste test and add more salt or pepper if required to your liking.