The best thing about a stir fry is that you can add as much veg as you like into it. So this recipe is really all about the sauce but Broccoli, Mushrooms and Cashews nuts soak it up really well! You can make the sauce and the cut the veg up ready ahead of time so you can throw it all together when you get home from work or also serve it up as a tasty and quick meal for friends.
What you need:
For the Sauce (Whisk all ingredients together in a bowl and its made)
- 2 tsp of Brown Rice Flour (or All Purpose Flour) to help thicken sauce
- 2 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce (Or use only Tamari if Gluten Free)
- 2 tbsp of Tamari
- 2 tsp of Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 cup of Vegetable Stock
- 1/4 cup of Agave Syrup
- 2 Cloves of Garlic Minced
- 2 Small chunks of fresh Ginger peeled and minced or grated (to make 1 tablespoon)
Everything else (Add more or less veg if you wish)
- 1 Red Onion quartered and Sliced
- 1 Punnet of Chesnut Mushrooms (or any mushroom)
- 1 Head of Broccoli cut up into florets
- 1 Large Carrot cut into batons (cut carrot into 4 sections then half and quarter up the halves)
- 8(1 tray) Mini Corns halved
- 1 Bag of Mangetout
- 1/2 cup of Soya Beans Fresh or Frozen
- 1/2 cup of Cashew Nuts
- 4 sprigs of Spring onion trimmed and fully sliced (keep top hollow part separate from bottom half to sprinkle of top when serving up)
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Seeds Toasted on a Dry Frying Pan until Golden Brown (to sprinkle of top when serving up)
- 2 Bags of Boil in the bag Brown Rice (I use this as you can leave it unsupervised, but you can make as per instructions if you prefer other types).
What you need to do:
- Slightly salt your boiling water and put your rice onto cook. 2 boil in the bag rice in a saucepan with a lid on takes around 25-30 minutes.
- After 10-15 minutes of the rice being on spray a little oil into your wok or frying pan and add in Red Onion, Mushrooms, Broccoli, Carrot, Mini Corn, Mangetout and soya beans and stir fry for 3 minutes. Stir sauce and add in 1 spoonful and the cashew nuts to vegetables for a further 3 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Stir up the remaining sauce and add to the wok and bring to the boil on a medium heat whilst constantly stirring. Reduce heat and allow to simmer so that the sauce starts to thicken.
- Once thickened add in the spring onion and brown rice and give a good stir until all is covered in sauce for 1 minute
- Split into pasta bowls or onto plates and sprinkle with top half of spring onion and toasted sesame seeds.