Another sweet treat that is quick to make and a lovely to share with others. The recipe creates fudgey brownies that can be enjoyed warm with vegan ice cream or cold as a naughty nibble.
Makes enough to fill a small 19x19cm baking tin which can be cut up into 12 large pieces or 24 brownie bites.
What you need:
- 180g rolled oats blitzed to form a chunky flour (Gluten free oats work really well for this too)
- 50g of Coca Powder
- 2 tbsp of Hazelnuts
- 1 tsp if Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp of Rock Salt
- 2 tbsp of Chia Seeds ground and mixed with enough water to make your ‘egg’.
- 1/4 cup of Melted Coconut Oil.
- 1/4 cup (4 tbsp) of Unsweetened Almond Milk
- 180ml of Maple Syrup
- 4 tbsp of Smooth Peanut butter (or more if you really like peanut butter) – I used a palm oil free version.
Alternative option – Try swapping the Peanut Butter for Tahini and Hazlenuts with Sesame seeds.
What you need to do:
- Preheat the oven to Gas Mark 4.
- Add dry ingredients in a mixing bowl (oat flour, cocoa powder, hazelnuts, baking powder and salt) into a bowl and mix well together.
- In another bowl add your wet ingredients (chia ‘egg’, coconut oil, maple syrup, almond milk, peanut butter) and whisk well together.
- Fold the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until fully mixed and no powder is left in the bowl.
- Spray your baking tin with a little coconut oil and grease well with a paper towel. Then spread the batter out evenly ensuring that its in all the corners then grind some more rock salt on top.
- Put in the oven for 10-15 minutes so they feel firm on top.
- Allow to cool before slicing (unless you want them warm immediately!).