A quick and easy dessert to make if you want to treat yourself or friends. You can either make it into a full cake in a cake tin if you are making it for more than 4 people or portion it out into ramekins if you are doing it for less. Clearly I didn’t have any ramekins so I just reused the Co-yo pots.
What you need:
- 2 x 125g Vanilla Co-yo Coconut milk yoghurt
- Juice and Zest of 1 Lime
- 2 tsp Vanilla Essence
- 2 tsp of Coconut Sugar (or Caster Sugar)
- 1 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- 6 Ginger Nut Biscuits (bashed with a rolling pin in a sealed bag)
- 4 tbsp of Coconut oil (or Vegan Butter)
What you need to do:
- Put the co-yo, juice and zest of Lime, Vanilla Essence, coconut sugar and Maple Syrup into a food processor and blend together until thick and smooth. Do a taste test and add anything you think might be missing. The mixture should have a sharp zesty flavour which comes through the sweetness of the creamed up yoghurt.
- Melt Coconut oil in a pan and in a bowl mix the melted oil and bashed up ginger nuts together until fully combined. Spoon the biscuit mixture into the bottom of your ramekin or cake tin and press down firmly. Then, using a spatula, spoon in the co-yo mixture making sure that it is smoothed into the biscuity base and leaves no gaps. Fill the ramekin or cake tin to the top and smooth off the top ensuring it has an even finish.
- Finish it off by sprinkling some coconut sugar or crumble a few ginger nuts crumbs on top (optional) and put in the fridge to cool or into the freezer for 20-30 minutes if you are making just before you serve.