Now if I had space in my tiny oven I would have definitely Roasted my Parsnips and Carrots along with my roast potatoes and nut roast but alas, I had to settle for something else. This way takes half the time and you can easily gauge how caramelised you want them to be.
What you need:
- 3 Parsnips peeled and sliced into sticks
- 3 Carrots peeled and sliced into sticks
- Knob of Vegan Butter
- 5 tbsp of Maple Syrup
- Salt and Pepper
What you need to do:
- Steam you Carrots and Parsnips for 7-10 minutes until cooked.
- On a medium heat add your butter, maple syrup, salt and pepper into a frying pan until butter has melted and the mixture starts to heat up.
- Add your carrots and parsnips into the frying and keep stirring and tossing them in the maple sauce.
- If you like them to be slightly caramalised leave to settle on the frying for a couple of minutes at a time and turn once slightly browned.
- Once Carrots and Parsnips are removed from the pan brush remaining maple sauce onto your Vegan Parsnip, Chesnut and Sausage meat Nut Roast (if you are making it).