This recipe is nothing special or new but its a simple one to follow and creates a good roast potato that makes them crispy on the outside and leaves the inside nice and fluffy. They take about 1 hour 20 minutes to roast.
What you need:
- 8 Maris Piper Potatoes peeled and cut into half (or quarters if quite large)
- Sunflower Oil
What you need to do:
- Either the day before or in the morning, ahead of when you plan to serve up your meal, place you peeled potatoes into cold salted water and bring to a gentle boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until cooked through but not starting to fall apart.
- Drain in a colander and avoid shaking them up. Leave to cool and spread onto a tray spaced out and put into your fridge and let them chill.
- When your ready to start cooking pre heat your oven to Gas Mark 6, pour oil into a roasting tin until it just covers the bottom but isnt too deep. Put into the oven to 5-6 minutes to heat up.
- Then in lines carefully place your potatoes into the hot oil and once they are all in, spoon some of the oil from the tin over the tops of the potatoes so they’ve had a generous covering.
- Leave in the oven for 40 minutes. Then turn the potatoes and spoon a little more oil over their tops. Leave for a further 20 minutes, after you’ve checked them the second time judge if you feel they need to be left for the full final 20 minutes or for less if they are starting to look very brown already.
- Once you are happy and feel they are ready to remove from the roasting tin briefly place the potatoes onto a plate lined with a couple of sheets of kitchen roll just to absorb any unwanted oil.