Want to knock up an easy canapé or nibble to have with some drinks that requires minimum effort but gives maximum taste and offers a little something more to the table than just carrot sticks with Hummus…Then look no further.
Makes 24 Pinwheels
What you need:
- 1 Sheet of Jus Roll Light Puff Pastry
- Sacla Free From Basil Pesto or your preferred Vegan Pesto
- Sun Dried Tomato Paste (I used Sainsburys)
- Balsamic glaze (I used Sainsburys)
What you need to do:
- Pre Heat the oven to Gas Mark 5.
- Unroll the Pastry Sheet. To make it more manageable cut it in half widthways so you are left with two almost square shaped pieces.
- On the Bottom half of each piece smear on some Pesto, then on the top half of each piece smear on the sundried tomato paste. Don’t be too stingy with the pesto and Sundried tomato paste but don’t be too generous either.
- Roll the pastry up so that the pesto half is rolled up into the middle.
- Cut the Rolls into 1-1.5cm pieces and place onto a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes checking halfway through. They should puff up nicely and turn a lovely golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and zig zag balsamic glaze over all of the pinwheels whilst still on the baking tray. Then transfer to a plate.