An easy recipe guaranteed to make you feel all warm and festive inside. I used my slow cooker but can easily be made in a large saucepan too. As it burns off a little alcohol when it heats up you can add a cheeky dash of rum, sloe gin or brandy to it after if you want that extra bit of warmth.
What you need:
- 2l of Vegan Cider. (I used Thatchers Gold 4x 500ml)
- 3 Star Anise
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- Juice of 2 Oranges
- 4 tbsp of Caster Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Dark Brown Sugar
What you need to do:
- Add all the ingredients into your slow cooker or large saucepan. The slow cooker setting should be set on high heat and left for an hour and then switched down to warm. If heating on the hob, put on a medium heat and bring to the boil then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Do a taste test and add more sugar if you feel it needs it.
- Use a clean mug to decanter into glasses.