Still feeling full and bloated from the Christmas period? Me too…. I couldnt wait to get back home and just live on soup for a couple of days! This is a surprisingly creamy and satisfying soup that is easy to prepare and cheap to make.
What you need:
- 2 Large Leeks sliced
- 2 Large Potatoes roughly chopped
- 1/2 Savoy Cabbage roughly chopped
- 1 Stock Cube in 1l of Water (I used Kallo Very low Salt)
- 2 tsp of Vegan Bouillon
- 1 tsp of Dried Rosemary
- Salt and Pepper
What you need to do:
- On a medium heat spray a little oil into a large saucepan. Add in the leeks, potatoes, savoy cabbage, stock, bouillion, rosemary and season with a bit of Salt and Pepper.
- Bring to the boil, put lid on the pan and leave to simmer for 25-30 minutes Stirring halfway through.
- Do a taste test of the liquid in the saucepan and add a little more salt and pepper if you feel it needs it. Remove from the heat and using a hand blender blend the contents of the pan until smooth.
- If you want some added goodness add in some black or ordinary Kale.
- Keeps well in the fridge for up to 3-4 days.