This was the first time I tried Green Pea Penne and it was delicious! As well as being Gluten Free it is also high in Protein and cooks in 6-8 minutes so perfect for a quick vegan meal that you can make in under 10 minutes with some usual suspects that you’ll find in your fridge.
What you need:
- 160g of Green Pea Pasta (I used Cook Italia Free From)
- 1 tsp of Lazy Garlic or 1 clove minced
- 1/2 Red Onion minced or finely diced
- 8 Chestnut or Closed Cup Mushrooms roughly diced
- 12 Cherry Tomatoes halved
- 3 tsp of Sacla Free From Pesto (or homemade pesto)
- 1 tsp of Dried Parsley
- Salt and Pepper to Taste.
What you need to do:
- On a medium heat put boiling water and your pasta on to cook for 6-8 minutes.
- Meanwhile spray a little oil int0 a frying pan on a low-medium heat, then add in garlic and onion. Fry for a minute then add in Mushrooms and tomatoes. Fry until softened then add tsp of Parsley along with a little salt and pepper.
- Once pasta is cooked, drain quickly then add to the frying pan on a low heat along with your pesto and mix well for a minute.